Planning your 2023 holiday and feeling overwhelmed about where to start? Khulna Division, with its lush countryside and rich culture, is an incredible place you won’t want to miss.
This comprehensive guide lists the top 5 best sights & landmarks in Khulna Division that are also budget-friendly, ensuring a memorable trip that won’t break the bank. Intrigued? Read on for an unforgettable tour of Khulna!
- Khulna Division in Bangladesh offers a variety of budget-friendly sights and landmarks to explore in 2023, including the Sundarbans, Shait-Gumbad Mosque, Fakir Lalon Shah’s Mazaar, Shilaidaha Kuthibari-Rabindranath Tagore’s Residence, and the Sixty Dome Mosque.
- Other notable attractions include the Mausoleum of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Khan Jahan Ali Bridge, Michael Madhusudan Dutta Memorial House, Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, and Bagerhat Museum.
- Recommended sightseeing experiences include visiting Shahid Hadis Park for tranquility, exploring Jess Garden Park for theme park fun, and seeing Chanchra Shiva Mandir for its historical significance.
- Multi-day and extended tours are available to fully experience Khulna Division and other parts of Bangladesh. Options include a 6-day Sundarban Adventure Tour or a 10-day Bangladesh Private Tour that covers major attractions in Dhaka, Sylhet Cox’s Bazar,and Chittagong. Customizable tours are also an option.
Top Tourist Attractions in Khulna Division
The Sundarbans, Shait-Gumbad Mosque, Fakir Lalon Shah’s Mazaar, Shilaidaha Kuthibari-Rabindranath Tagore’s Residence, and the Sixty Dome Mosque are some of the must-visit sights and landmarks in Khulna Division.
The Sundarbans is a must-see in the Khulna Division. It spans from the Baleswar River to the Hooghly River in India. This spot has got it all for nature and wildlife lovers. It’s the biggest mangrove forest in the world! You might even see a Royal Bengal Tiger here, as well as many other plants and animals.
The Dangmari Reserve Forest is part of this big area too. It’s near Mongla Sea Port with easy access to roads and rails that lead to Khulna and Dhaka. Go there in October for an amazing time at Sundarbans and also at Bagerhat city, where you can see World Heritage Mosques.
Visiting the Shait-Gumbad Mosque is a must in Khulna Division. This mosque, made of all red bricks, stands out with its 77 domes. It was built back in 1459 and is still the largest classic mosque in Bangladesh.
Tourists enjoy seeing this UNESCO world heritage site.
You will find it in Bagerhat, just five kilometers from the main town center. The Shait-Gumbad Mosque is not only big but also holds a lot of history for Bangladesh. As you tour around Khulna Division, be sure not to miss this grand sight!
Fakir Lalon Shah’s Mazaar
Fakir Lalon Shah’s Mazaar lies just 2 KM from Kushtia Rail station. Known as a key site in the Khulna Division, it draws many sightseers each year. The shrine inside belongs to Lalon Fakir, an important Bengali spiritual guide of his time.
This sacred spot holds much weight for religious people visiting the area. It also offers a rich look into the past for those who want to know more about Kushtia and its nearby places.
Shilaidaha Kuthibari-Rabindranath Tagore’s Residence
Located in Kushtia, Shilaidaha Kuthibari is a must-visit tourist attraction in the Khulna Division of Bangladesh. This historical residence was where Rabindranath Tagore, a renowned poet and philosopher, lived.
It showcases his influence and presence through various pictures and artifacts. The Kuthibari holds significant historical value as it was originally constructed by Tagore’s grandfather.
With its architectural beauty and connection to the famous poet, this site is definitely worth exploring when you visit Khulna Division in 2023.
Sixty Dome Mosque
The Sixty Dome Mosque is located in Bagerhat district, Khulna Division, Bangladesh. It is about 5 kilometers away from Bagerhat town. This mosque is considered a masterpiece of Islamic architecture and is recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
It was built during the Sultanate period, which ranged from the 12th to 16th centuries. The Sixty Dome Mosque gets its name from its impressive design featuring 77 domes, making it the largest mosque in Bangladesh.
Mausoleum of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman
The Mausoleum of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is a popular tourist attraction in Khulna Division. Located in Tungipara, Gopalganj district, it is visited by many people every year.
The mausoleum was designed by architects Ehsan Khan, Ishtiaque Jahir, and Iqbal Habib. It is not just a mausoleum but also has other facilities like a museum, library, exhibition spaces, and an open-air theatre.
This makes it a complete complex where visitors can learn about the life and contributions of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman while enjoying the cultural and artistic elements as well.
Khan Jahan Ali Bridge
Khan Jahan Ali Bridge is a beautiful 1.60 km bridge in Khulna Division, near Khulna city. It sits on the Rupsa River and serves as the gateway to Khulna, connecting it with other areas.
This bridge is renowned for its captivating architectural design and offers a stunning view of the surrounding scenery. If you’re planning to visit Khulna Division in 2023, make sure to include Khan Jahan Ali Bridge on your list of must-see sights and landmarks.
Michael Madhusudan Dutta Memorial House
Located in Jessore’s Sagordari neighborhood in the Khulna Division of Bangladesh, Michael Madhusudan Dutta Memorial House is a must-visit attraction for those interested in exploring the landmarks and sights of the region.
This house holds great historical significance as it is the birthplace of Bengali poet Michael Modhushudôn Dutta. As the only museum listed in Jessore and a popular tourist spot, it offers visitors an opportunity to learn about the rich heritage and culture of Bangladesh.
Inside, you can explore exhibits showcasing the life and works of Michael Madhusudan Dutta, particularly his famous Bengali sonnets. So, if you’re looking to delve into Bangladesh’s literary history, make sure to include a visit to this memorial house on your itinerary when exploring Khulna Division.
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium
Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, also known as Bir Shrestha Shahid Flight Lieutenant Motiur Rahman Stadium, is a popular One Day International Cricket venue located in Khulna, Bangladesh.
With a seating capacity of up to 15,600 people, this stadium is a must-visit for cricket enthusiasts visiting the Khulna Division. It has hosted several international cricket matches and has witnessed some thrilling moments in the world of cricket.
Whether you’re a sports lover or simply want to experience the electrifying atmosphere of a live match, Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium is definitely worth checking out during your visit to Khulna Division.
Bagerhat Museum is one of the top tourist attractions in Khulna Division. Located in Bagerhat, Bangladesh, this museum offers visitors a chance to explore the history and culture of the region.
With its collection of artifacts and exhibits showcasing the heritage of Bagerhat, it is a must-visit for travelers looking to experience the rich history and architectural marvels of Khulna Division.
Recommended Sightseeing Experiences
Experience the tranquility of Shahid Hadis Park, immerse yourself in the beauty of Jess Garden Park, and explore the ancient Chanchra Shiva Mandir. Discover more hidden gems to explore in Khulna Division!
Shahid Hadis Park
Shahid Hadis Park is a popular tourist attraction located in the center of Khulna city, Bangladesh. Established in 1884, the park offers a variety of attractions and experiences for visitors to enjoy.
As part of the recommended sightseeing experiences in the Ultimate Guide to the best sights and landmarks in the Khulna Division, Shahid Hadis Park is definitely worth a visit. You can find travel itineraries, tickets, reviews, and photos online to help you plan your trip.
Jess Garden Park
Jess Garden Park is a theme park located in the outskirts of Jessore town. Its main goal is to provide entertainment and satisfaction to visitors. To ensure a smooth experience, it is recommended to book a reservation before visiting, as the park can get crowded.
Once inside, you will find yourself surrounded by man-made sculptures and offered various fun activities. Don’t worry about getting hungry because there are food options available within the park.
This park is associated with the recommended sightseeing experiences mentioned in The Ultimate Guide: 5 Best Khulna Division Sights & Landmarks To Visit in 2023, so don’t miss out on all the excitement that Jess Garden Park has to offer!
Chanchra Shiva Mandir
Chanchra Shiva Mandir is an old temple located in the Khulna Division of Bangladesh. It is a popular stop for travelers who are driving from Khulna to Rajshahi. The temple, which was built in the 17th century, is made of brick and has beautiful terracotta decorations.
It is about 4 kilometers away from Khulna and is definitely worth visiting as a side trip. Chanchra Shiva Mandir is recommended as one of the top attractions to see in the Khulna Division in 2023.
Multi-day & Extended Tours
There are multi-day and extended tours available for the best sights and landmarks in the Khulna Division. These tours allow you to explore and experience the region’s beauty at a leisurely pace. Here are a few options to consider:
- 6-day Sundarban Adventure Tour: This tour takes you deep into the Sundarbans, where you can witness the incredible wildlife and natural wonders that make this UNESCO World Heritage Site so special. You’ll have the opportunity to spot Bengal tigers, visit crocodile breeding centers, and explore the mangrove forests.
- 10-day Bangladesh Private Tour: If you want to see more of Bangladesh beyond Khulna Division, this extended tour is a great choice. It covers major attractions in Dhaka, Sylhet, Cox’s Bazar, and Chittagong, along with Khulna Division. You’ll get a comprehensive overview of the country’s rich culture, history, and natural landscapes.
- Customizable Tours: Many tour operators offer customizable tours that allow you to tailor your itinerary according to your preferences. Whether you want to focus on specific landmarks or engage in particular activities like bird-watching or boating in the rivers, these tours can be personalized just for you.
Ways to Tour Khulna Division
You can explore Khulna Division in various ways, including private and custom tours, cultural and theme tours, and multi-day tours.
Private & Custom Tours
Private & Custom Tours are a great way to explore the sights and landmarks of Khulna Division in Bangladesh. These tours provide personalized experiences that can be tailored to your interests and preferences.
You can choose from historical and heritage tours, like the Glory Of Bangladesh Tour or the 10 Days World Heritage & Cultural Tour. Local tour guides will take you on a journey through the best sights and hidden gems of Bangladesh, providing insightful information along the way.
With Private & Custom Tours, you’ll have an exclusive and unique adventure that caters to your individual needs and desires. So why not embark on this personalized exploration of Khulna Division? It’s a fantastic opportunity to discover the beauty and rich culture of this region.
Cultural & Theme Tours
Discover the rich cultural heritage of Khulna Division through its diverse range of cultural and theme tours. Immerse yourself in the history, art, and traditions of this captivating region.
Private and custom tours are available to cater to your specific interests and preferences. These tours offer a personalized experience, allowing you to explore key landmarks and attractions at your own pace.
For those seeking a deeper understanding of Khulna Division’s history, there are historical and heritage tours that take you on a journey through time. Explore ancient mosques like Shait-Gumbad Mosque and Sixty Dome Mosque, where architectural marvels await.
Pay homage to renowned figures such as Fakir Lalon Shah at his Mazaar or Rabindranath Tagore at Shilaidaha Kuthibari-Rabindranath Tagore’s Residence.
To truly immerse yourself in the vibrant culture of Khulna Division, consider participating in cultural tours that showcase local traditions and customs. Visit bustling markets where you can shop for traditional handicrafts or indulge in flavorful local cuisine.
Experience the energy of festivals like Pohela Boishakh or Eid-ul-Fitr, where locals come together to celebrate their heritage.
If you have more time to explore Khulna Division, consider going on a multi-day tour. One popular option is the 6-Days Sundarban Adventure Tour from Dhaka, which takes you through the beautiful Sundarbans and is available from September to March.
Another recommended tour is the 10 Days Bangladesh Private Tour, where you can visit multiple attractions in Khulna City and beyond. If you’re looking for a longer adventure, the “World Heritage Tour of Bangladesh” lasts for 9 days and covers various World Heritage Sites in the country.
Transportation services are available to ensure convenient travel between sights, and boat tours offer a unique way to experience the beauty of Khulna Division.
Popular Cities in Khulna Division
Khulna Division is home to several popular cities that you should definitely explore. These cities offer a mix of historic sites, natural beauty, and cultural experiences. Here are some of the most popular cities in Khulna Division:
- Khulna: Known for its lush greenery and vibrant culture, Khulna is a must-visit city in the division. It offers attractions like Arya Dharmasabha Kali Temple, Shahid Hadis Park, and Karamjal Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Bagerhat: This city is famous for its rich history and architectural wonders. One of the main attractions here is the Sixty Dome Mosque, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Bagerhat also has other historic mosques and mausoleums that showcase the region’s heritage.
- Jessore: Located on the banks of the Bhairab River, Jessore is known for its agricultural importance. The city is surrounded by beautiful countryside and offers attractions like Benapol Land Port, Dargah Para Jame Mosque, and Chanchra Shiva Mandir.
- Satkhira: Satkhira is famous for its natural beauty and wildlife sanctuaries. It is an ideal destination for nature lovers as it has several mangrove forests and wetlands. The Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the world’s largest mangrove forest, can be accessed from Satkhira.
- Narail: This city has historical significance as it was once the birthplace of Michael Madhusudan Dutta, one of Bengal’s greatest poets. Visitors can explore his memorial house located here and learn about his life and work.
Things to Do in Khulna Division
There are plenty of things to do in Khulna Division. Here are some activities you can enjoy:
- Explore the stunning Sundarbans, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the largest mangrove forest in the world.
- Visit the historical Shait – Gumbad Mosque, Fakir Lalon Shah’s Mazaar, and Shilaidaha Kuthibari for an insight into the region’s rich history and culture.
- Take a trip to the Khan Jahan Ali Bridge, one of the longest bridges in Bangladesh, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
- Discover the Mausoleum of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, a significant landmark honoring the country’s founding father.
- Immerse yourself in art and literature at Rabindranath Tagore’s In – laws’ Home and Michael Madhusudan Dutta Memorial House.
- Catch a live cricket match at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, a popular venue for sports enthusiasts.
- Learn about local heritage at Bagerhat Museum, which showcases artifacts and exhibits related to the district’s history.
Tips for Exploring Khulna Division on a budget
- Choose budget – friendly accommodations, such as guest houses or hostels.
- Look for local eateries and street food stalls to experience authentic cuisine at affordable prices.
- Take advantage of public transportation options, like buses or shared taxis, to save on travel expenses.
- Plan your itinerary in advance to maximize your time and minimize unnecessary costs.
- Consider visiting during the off – season when accommodation and tour prices may be lower.
- Explore free or low – cost attractions, such as parks, gardens, and local markets.
- Join group tours or hire local guides to share costs and gain valuable insights into the region’s culture and history.
- Pack light to avoid excess baggage fees and make it easier to move around.
- Khulna Division offers affordable accommodations and activities for budget travelers.
- The region is known for its lush greenery and beautiful landscapes.
- Public transportation options are available for cost – effective travel within the division.
Conservation Efforts in the Sundarbans
Conservation efforts in the Sundarbans are important to protect its unique plants and animals. The Sundarbans is a special mangrove forest that covers a large area in Bangladesh’s Khulna Division.
It is recognized as a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO due to its significance for biodiversity. However, there are challenges that need to be addressed. For example, illegal cutting down of trees and insufficient protection measures threaten the forest’s health.
Efforts are being made to tackle these issues and improve monitoring of resource harvesting activities. Conservation is crucial not only for preserving the diverse species in the Sundarbans but also for supporting local communities who depend on it for their livelihoods.
(Image source: Shutterstock)
Discover the wonders of Khulna Division in 2023 with our ultimate guide to the best sights and landmarks. From the stunning Sundarbans to the historic Shait-Gumbad Mosque, there’s something for everyone to explore.
Immerse yourself in the rich culture and natural beauty of this incredible region. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable travel experience!
1. What are the top 5 sights and landmarks to visit in Khulna Division?
The top 5 sights and landmarks to visit in Khulna Division are Sundarbans National Park, Sixty Dome Mosque, Bagerhat Shat Gombuj Mosque, Jessore Benapol Museum, and Kuthibari Palace.
2. How do I get to Khulna Division?
You can get to Khulna Division by air through Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong or Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in Dhaka. You can also travel by train or bus from other cities within Bangladesh.
3. Are these sights and landmarks suitable for children?
Yes, these sights and landmarks are suitable for children as they offer various attractions such as wildlife viewing, historical sites, and cultural experiences that can be enjoyed by people of all ages.
4. Is it safe to visit Khulna Division in 2023?
As with any travel destination, it is important to stay informed about the current situation before planning a trip. It is advisable to check travel advisories and follow safety guidelines provided by local authorities when visiting Khulna Division or any other place.
5. Can I explore all the top sights and landmarks in just one day?
Exploring all the top sights and landmarks in one day may not be feasible due to their location, size, and time required at each attraction. It’s recommended to plan your itinerary accordingly and allocate sufficient time for each place you wish to visit.