Planning your December vacation in Vietnam but not sure where to go? With its diverse geography and cultural treasures, this Southeast Asian gem has much to offer. This blog post will guide you through the top 10 must-visit places, ensuring you have an unforgettable trip.
Let’s embark on this captivating journey!
- Vietnam in December offers a pleasant and mild climate with average temperatures of about 23°C.
- Northern Vietnam highlights include Hạ Long Bay, Ban Gioc Waterfall, Moc Chau Plateau, Hanoi, and Mui Ne.
- Mountainous North attractions include Sapa, Ha Giang, Fansipan, Ba Be National Park, and Ninh Binh.
- Central Vietnam destinations to explore are Moc Chau Plateau, Dak Lak Province, Ban Gioc Waterfall,Hạ Long Bay,and Phu Quoc Island.
- Southern Vietnam must – visits are Ho Chi Minh City,Mui Ne ,Phu Quoc Island ,Can Tho ,and Dalat
- The top festivals in December in Vietnam include the Winter Festival in Hanoi,Dalat Flower Festival,Hue Festival,Tet Tao Quan,Winter Solstice Festival ,Christmas Markets,and New Year’s Eve Countdowns
- Some of the best beach destinations to visit in December are Phu Quoc Island,Mui Ne,Nha Trang,Da Nang,Hoi An,Halong Bay.Con Dao Islands,Cat Ba Island.
- Tips for visiting Vietnam in December:Pack appropriate clothing,B book accommodations early,p plan activities ahead of time,st stay hydrated,e respect local customs,t try street food but be cautious,b be mindful of your belongings,l learn basic Vietnamese phrases,t take care of your health.
Weather in Vietnam in December
Vietnam in December gets quite cool. The average temperature sits at about 23°C. This is the coldest month for this country! Here, winter does not bring snow or harsh cold winds but a pleasant and mild climate instead.
You will also feel a light northeast monsoon if you’re in central Vietnam early on in December. But don’t worry! Places like Dalat and the Central Highlands keep their skies clear during this time of year.
Plus, coastal cities such as Da Nang and Hoi An show off their milder sides too. You can expect temperatures to stay between 19°C to 28°C there! So pack your bags right and get ready to enjoy your visit to Vietnam in December without any weather worries!
Best Places To Visit In Northern Vietnam in December
Get ready to explore Northern Vietnam in December! It’s a special time with cool weather and clear skies. Here are some top spots to visit:
- Hạ Long Bay: Ride a boat and see huge green rocks that rise from the water.
- Ban Gioc Waterfall: This big waterfall is a must-see in North Western areas of Vietnam.
- Moc Chau Plateau: You can walk on lush, green hills full of flowers.
- Hanoi: The city is less hot this month, making it a good time to see its old buildings and busy streets.
- Mui Ne: This beach town offers warm sand, cool water, and tasty seafood.
Best Places To Visit In Mountainous North of Vietnam in December
These are the top places to visit in the mountainous north of Vietnam in December:
- Sapa: This place is popular among travelers. It offers foggy hills, green valleys and cool weather in December.
- Ha Giang: This is a must-visit place for its stunning landscapes and flower fields that bloom this time of year.
- Fansipan: For those who like adventure, Fansipan provides great trekking paths and wide views.
- Ba Be National Park: This park is a hidden gem you might want to explore. The winter weather gives it a special charm.
- Ninh Binh: You can call it “Halong Bay on land.” It looks very beautiful in December with calm water and peaceful scenery.
Best Places To Visit In Central Vietnam in December
Central Vietnam offers many beautiful places to visit in December. Here are some top recommendations:
- Moc Chau Plateau: Enjoy the stunning landscapes and cool weather of this highland region.
- Dak Lak Province: Explore the Central Highlands with its lush forests, waterfalls, and ethnic minority communities.
- Ban Gioc Waterfall: Experience the beauty of Vietnam’s most impressive waterfall located in Cao Bang Province.
- Hạ Long Bay: Cruise through the iconic limestone karsts and emerald waters of this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Phu Quoc Island: Relax on the pristine beaches and indulge in water activities on this idyllic island.
Best Places To Visit In Southern Vietnam in December
- Ho Chi Minh City: Explore famous landmarks like the Reunification Palace, War Remnants Museum, and Ben Thanh Market.
- Mui Ne: Enjoy sandy beaches, sand dunes, and water sports like kiteboarding and windsurfing. Don’t miss the Fairy Stream and Fishermen’s Village.
- Phu Quoc Island: Experience a tropical paradise with pristine beaches, clear turquoise waters, and a national park for snorkeling and diving.
- Can Tho: Visit floating markets like Cai Rang Floating Market and the Bang Lang Stork Sanctuary for a unique cultural experience.
- Dalat: Discover a charming hill station with cool weather, French colonial architecture, flower gardens, and outdoor activities like hiking and biking.
Recommended Itineraries for Visiting Vietnam in December
Explore the vibrant cities, stunning landscapes, and rich culture of Vietnam with these recommended itineraries for visiting in December:
- Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa:
- Begin your trip in Hanoi, the capital city known for its historical sites and delicious street food.
- Take a cruise through the beautiful Halong Bay, famous for its limestone islands and emerald waters.
- Head to Sapa to experience the breathtaking scenery of terraced rice fields and meet local ethnic minority groups.
- Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta – Phu Quoc Island:
- Start in bustling Ho Chi Minh City, where you can visit historical landmarks like the Cu Chi Tunnels.
- Journey through the lush Mekong Delta, exploring floating markets and enjoying boat rides along scenic canals.
- End your trip relaxing on the pristine beaches of Phu Quoc Island, known for its crystal – clear waters and stunning sunsets.
- Da Nang – Hoi An – Hue:
- Fly into Da Nang and spend some time exploring its beautiful beaches, such as My Khe Beach.
- Visit the charming ancient town of Hoi An, with its well-preserved architecture and lantern-lit streets.
- Continue north to Hue to discover the imperial history of Vietnam through its royal tombs and ancient citadel.
Top Festivals and Events in Vietnam in December
December in Vietnam is a month full of exciting festivals and events. Here are the top ones you shouldn’t miss:
- Hanoi Winter Festival: This vibrant festival showcases the rich culture of Hanoi with music, dance performances, and delicious street food.
- Dalat Flower Festival: Known as the “City of Flowers,” Dalat hosts this annual festival that features stunning flower displays, parades, and art exhibitions.
- Hue Festival: Celebrated every two years, this grand event in Hue includes traditional music performances, dragon boat races, and a mesmerizing light show on the Perfume River.
- Tet Tao Quan: This unique Vietnamese festival welcomes the Kitchen God back to heaven with offerings and prayers for good fortune in the coming year.
- Winter Solstice Festival: Families gather for a special meal to celebrate the arrival of winter and express gratitude for abundant blessings received throughout the year.
- Christmas Markets: In major cities like Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi, you can explore festive markets where you’ll find holiday treats, handmade crafts, and festive decorations.
- New Year’s Eve Countdowns: Celebrate the end of the year with lively street parties, firework displays, and live music performances all across Vietnam.
- Classical Music Concerts: Many cities host classical music concerts during December where you can enjoy beautiful compositions performed by talented musicians.
Best Beach Destinations in Vietnam in December
December is a great time to explore the beautiful beaches in Vietnam. Here are some of the best beach destinations to consider:
- Phu Quoc Island: Known for its stunning white sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters, Phu Quoc Island is a top choice for beach lovers. The island offers a tranquil atmosphere that’s perfect for relaxation.
- Long Beach: Located on Phu Quoc Island, Long Beach is considered one of the best beaches in the world by CNN. With its long stretch of powdery sand and calm waters, it’s an ideal spot for swimming and sunbathing.
- Mui Ne: If you’re looking for a quieter and more relaxed beach destination, Mui Ne is worth considering. Located in southern Vietnam, it offers beautiful sandy beaches and picturesque landscapes.
- Nha Trang: Nha Trang boasts a scenic coastline with pristine beaches and clear turquoise water. You can enjoy various water activities here, such as snorkeling, scuba diving, and jet skiing.
- Da Nang: Known for its stunning My Khe Beach, Da Nang offers miles of fine golden sand and gentle waves. The beach is perfect for leisurely walks or sunbathing while enjoying breathtaking views.
- Hoi An: While Hoi An may not have traditional beaches like other destinations, it does offer stunning nearby options such as Cua Dai Beach or An Bang Beach. These peaceful coastal spots are just a short distance from the UNESCO World Heritage site of Hoi An.
- Halong Bay: Famous for its emerald green waters and towering limestone islands, Halong Bay is an incredible destination for beach lovers. You can cruise along the bay or relax on a remote island surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
- Con Dao Islands: If you’re seeking pristine and untouched beaches in Vietnam, head to the Con Dao Islands. These secluded islands have crystal-clear waters, white sandy beaches, and lush green landscapes.
- Cat Ba Island: Located in the stunning Halong Bay area, Cat Ba Island offers beautiful beaches and a relaxed island vibe. Explore its golden beaches or take a boat tour to discover hidden coves and breathtaking sea caves.
Tips for Visiting Vietnam in December
1. Pack appropriate clothing: Remember to bring layers and clothes suitable for both cool northern regions and warmer southern parts of Vietnam.
2. Book accommodations in advance: December is a popular time for tourism, so make sure to plan ahead and secure your accommodations early.
3. Plan activities ahead of time: Popular attractions can get crowded, so it’s a good idea to book activities or tours in advance to avoid disappointment.
4. Be prepared for varying weather conditions: Vietnam’s weather can be unpredictable, so pack essentials like sunscreen, rain gear, and insect repellent.
5. Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day, especially if you’re exploring outdoors or engaging in physical activities.
6. Respect local customs and traditions: Familiarize yourself with Vietnamese customs to show respect towards the locals during your visit.
7. Try street food but be cautious: Vietnamese cuisine is delicious, but make sure to eat at reputable stalls or restaurants to avoid any health issues.
8. Be mindful of your belongings: Keep an eye on your personal belongings in crowded areas and take necessary precautions against theft or scams.
9. Learn basic Vietnamese phrases: Knowing a few key phrases like greetings and thank you will help you communicate better with locals and enhance your experience.
10. Take care of your health: Remember to take necessary vaccinations before traveling to Vietnam and bring any required medications along with you.
Remember these tips as you explore Vietnam in December for a memorable trip without any hassles!
In December, Vietnam offers a variety of amazing places to visit. From the stunning Ban Gioc Waterfall to the beautiful Phu Quoc Island and vibrant cities like Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City, there’s something for everyone.
Don’t miss out on the breathtaking landscapes of Sapa and Moc Chau Plateau, or the charm of Hoi An and historical sites in Ninh Binh. Plan your trip wisely and explore these must-visit places in Vietnam this December!
1. What are the top 10 places to visit in Vietnam in December?
The top 10 places to visit in Vietnam in December are not set as it can depend on what one likes.
2. Why should I visit Vietnam in December?
Vietnam has a lot of great places you may want to see, with good weather making December a prime time to go!
3. Are these locations only good for visits during December?
No, while they may be nice spots for visiting in December, each place has its own charm at other times too.
4. How do I decide which of the ten must-visit places is right for me?
Think about what you enjoy doing – this will help guide you when choosing where to go!