Planning your 2023 trip to Rangamati and unsure where to start? Loaded with picturesque landscapes, delightful cuisine, and distinctive culture, this part of Chittagong in Bangladesh is an adventurer’s paradise that awaits exploration.
In our comprehensive guide, we’ll unveil the best attractions to visit, recommended local eateries, exciting day trips you can embark on from Rangamati as well as advice on when it’s ideal for a visit.
Read along—you’re about to discover why Rangamati should be your next travel destination!
- Rangamati, located in Chittagong, Bangladesh, is a picturesque destination with stunning attractions like Kaptai Lake, Shuvolong Waterfalls, Parjatan Hanging Bridge, Lake View Island, and Polwel Park.
- Autumn is the best time to visit Rangamati because it has clear water and sunny days. However, Rangamati welcomes visitors all year round.
- There are various ways to get to Rangamati such as taking a bus or train from Dhaka or hiring a taxi from Chittagong. Boat rides are also available if you want to explore Kaptai Lake.
- Recommended accommodations in Rangamati include Aronnak Holiday Resort, Polwel Park & Cottage, Parjatan Holiday Complex Rangamati, Hill Taj Resort Rangamati, and Hotel Jum Place.
- Peda Ting Ting Restaurant and Chang Pang Restaurant offer delicious Asian and Bangladeshi cuisine in Rangamati. Gang Sabarang serves Chinese and fast food options.
- For day trips from Rangamati, consider visiting Chattogram for kayaking on Kaptai Lake or exploring tribal villages and cultural sites. In 2023 Chittagong City is worth visiting for attractions like Kaptai Lake, Parjatan Hanging Bridge,
Exploring Rangamati: A Majestic Tourist Destination
Kaptai Lake surrounded by lush hills and colorful boats.” title=”A vibrant photo of Rangamati’s Kaptai Lake surrounded by lush hills and colorful boats.” class=”awimage” />
Kaptai Lake is a big lake with clear water that you can sail on. The lake takes you to other pretty spots in Rangamati too.
Shuvolong Waterfalls are very tall and have lots of fresh water falling down from high rocks. You can also see Parjatan Hanging Bridge which hangs over the river Karnaphuli. This bridge is long but safe to walk on.
Last but not least, there’s Polwel Park — a place where you can sit or play under trees while looking at flowers around you.
Best Time to Visit Rangamati
Autumn is the top season to go to Rangamati. This time is best because it misses the rainy season. Rain can spoil your fun so avoid it! The water in this season is very clear. Clear water and sunny days make for good views of the mountains.
But, you don’t need to worry about when to visit Rangamati. This place welcomes people all year long. So, pick any time that works for you – you will enjoy your trip! No matter what month it is, Rangamati has lots of things for you to do and see.
How to Get to Rangamati
You can reach Rangamati in various ways.
- Take a bus from Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh.
- Choose the train for a scenic journey from Dhaka.
- From Chittagong, you can opt for a bus or hire a taxi.
- Boat rides are available if you take the tour from Chittagong that includes a trip on Kaptai Lake.
- If flying is your choice, land at Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong. From there, grab a bus or hire a taxi to Rangamati.
Must-See Attractions in Rangamati
Experience the breathtaking beauty of Rangamati with these must-see attractions: Kaptai Lake, Parjatan Hanging Bridge, Shuvolong Waterfalls, Lake View Island, and Polwel Park.
Kaptai Lake is the biggest man-made lake in South Asia, created for a hydroelectric project back in 1960. Surrounded by lush green jungle, Kaptai Lake attracts many tourists to Rangamati.
It offers exciting activities like boating and exploring the nearby hills, mountain roads, and waterfalls. Along the lakeshore, you’ll find resorts and restaurants where you can stay and dine while enjoying the scenic views of the lake.
Parjatan Hanging Bridge
The Parjatan Hanging Bridge in Rangamati, Bangladesh is a must-visit attraction for tourists. This picturesque bridge offers stunning views of the surrounding scenic beauty. You’ll need to collect a ticket before entering the bridge.
Located at Tabalchari in Rangamati city, this popular landmark spans over Kaptai Lake and is approximately 335 feet long. It’s open to tourists all year round, so you can visit anytime and enjoy its beauty.
Shuvolong Waterfalls is a beautiful natural attraction located in the Shuvolong union of Barkal Upazila in Rangamati district. It is a must-see destination for nature lovers and those seeking to experience the beauty of a waterfall.
The waterfalls are known for their stunning natural scenery, with the biggest cascade reaching an impressive height of about 300 feet. To reach the waterfalls, visitors can rent a boat, which typically costs around 1200 to 1500 Bangladeshi currency.
Once there, you can enjoy the mesmerizing sight and sound of the cascading water while surrounded by lush greenery.
Lake View Island
Lake View Island is a must-see attraction in Rangamati, according to The Ultimate Rangamati Travel Guide 2023. Located just 10 minutes away by boat from Main Kaptai, this island offers a beautiful resort for visitors to stay and relax in.
It is associated with other popular attractions in the area such as Kaptai Lake, Parjatan Hanging Bridge, and Shuvolong Waterfalls. What makes Lake View Island special is its scenic and serene environment that allows tourists to enjoy nature at its best.
Whether you want to take a leisurely walk or simply soak up the peaceful atmosphere, Lake View Island provides an unforgettable experience for all who visit.
Polwel Park is a must-visit attraction in Rangamati, located on the bank of Karnaphuli Lake. It is popular for staycations and offers a peaceful environment surrounded by picturesque views.
Whether you’re looking to relax or have a picnic with your loved ones, Polwel Park provides the perfect setting. The park is known for its beautiful gardens, walking trails, and serene lake views.
If you’re planning a trip to Rangamati, don’t forget to include Polwel Park in your itinerary for a tranquil experience amidst nature’s beauty.
Where to Stay in Rangamati
When looking for accommodations in Rangamati, the Aronnak Holiday Resort, Polwel Park & Cottage, Parjatan Holiday Complex Rangamati, Hill Taj Resort Rangamati, and Hotel Jum Place are excellent options to consider.
Aronnak Holiday Resort
Aronnak Holiday Resort is a beautiful resort managed by the Bangladesh army. It is located near Rangamati Cantonment, surrounded by the stunning natural beauty of Rangamati. The resort offers an unforgettable experience with its picturesque surroundings.
One of the best things about Aronnak Holiday Resort is its convenient location, which allows easy access to various attractions, day trips, and restaurants in Rangamati. Whether you’re interested in sightseeing or enjoying delicious meals at nearby restaurants, this resort provides a great base for your adventures in Rangamati.
Polwel Park & Cottage
Polwel Park & Cottage is a modern and elegant resort located on the bank of Karnaphuli Lake in Rangamati. It is considered a must-visit place for anyone looking to rediscover themselves in idyllic bliss.
The resort offers a variety of amenities including an outdoor pool, cafe, kids’ rides, and even a cinema. Situated on DC Banglo Road in Rangamati, it provides a secured and peaceful environment for travelers to enjoy their stay.
So if you’re seeking relaxation and comfort during your trip to Rangamati, Polwel Park & Cottage is definitely worth considering.
Parjatan Holiday Complex Rangamati
Parjatan Holiday Complex in Rangamati is the best place to stay during your visit. The hotel offers spacious and clean rooms at reasonable prices. The staff at Parjatan is known for being cool and friendly, which adds to your pleasant experience.
Amenities like free WiFi, a restaurant, room service, tea and coffee facilities, and complimentary toiletries are provided for your convenience. You can also find great deals on room prices at Parjatan Holiday Complex on Trip.com.
It’s truly a beautiful and comfortable accommodation option in Rangamati that you shouldn’t miss out on.
Hill Taj Resort Rangamati
Hill Taj Resort Rangamati is a great place to stay when visiting Rangamati. It is located near the stunning Kaptai Lake in the Rangamati District. The resort offers pleasant accommodations and beautiful scenery that will make your stay enjoyable.
You can easily reach Rajbana Vihara, a popular attraction, as it’s just a 15-minute walk away. If you’re coming from Chittagong, the resort is conveniently situated only 52 km away.
With positive reviews and competitive prices, Hill Taj Resort is an excellent choice for those looking for comfort and relaxation during their trip to Rangamati.
Hotel Jum Place
Hotel Jum Place is a popular choice for visitors to Rangamati, Bangladesh. It’s a mini-hotel with a restaurant and offers an ultra-modern and luxurious experience. The hotel is highly decorative and fully secured, ensuring the comfort and safety of its guests.
Located in the center of Rangamati, right across from the post office and PWD divisional office, Hotel Jum Place is conveniently situated for exploring all that this majestic tourist destination has to offer.
Visitors can easily book hotel deals online, check room prices, view photos, read guest reviews, and check availability before their trip.
Best Restaurants in Rangamati
In Rangamati, you’ll find some great dining options to satisfy your taste buds. Peda Ting Ting Restaurant is highly recommended, with 21 positive reviews. They serve tasty Asian and Bangladeshi cuisine that will leave you wanting more.
Another popular choice is Chang Pang Restaurant, which has 7 positive reviews. They offer a variety of Asian and Bangladeshi dishes that are sure to please your palate. If you’re in the mood for Chinese or fast food, head over to Gang Sabarang.
Although they have just 2 positive reviews, their menu is worth checking out. These restaurants provide delicious meals and friendly service, making them must-visit spots during your time in Rangamati!
Day Trips from Rangamati
Explore the nearby city of Chattogram and discover its top attractions during a day trip from Rangamati.
Day trip to Rangamati from Chattogram
Rangamati is a popular day trip destination from Chattogram. It offers visitors the chance to explore tribal villages, cultural sites, lakes, and temples. One of the highlights of a day trip to Rangamati is kayaking in the beautiful Kaptai Lake.
This activity is loved by tourists who want to enjoy nature’s beauty while also getting some exercise. So if you’re in Chattogram and looking for an exciting day trip, consider visiting Rangamati for a memorable experience.
Top 5 places to visit in Chittagong – 2023
Chittagong City in 2023 has many great places to visit. Here are the top five:
- Kaptai Lake: This is one of the best attractions in Chittagong City. It’s a large lake with stunning views and plenty of activities like boating and fishing.
- Parjatan Hanging Bridge: A popular tourist spot, this bridge offers breathtaking views of the surrounding area. It’s a great place to take pictures and enjoy the scenery.
- Shuvolong Waterfalls: These beautiful waterfalls are a must-see in Chittagong City. You can relax by the water or take a refreshing swim.
- Lake View Island: As the name suggests, this island offers amazing views of the lake and surrounding nature. It’s a peaceful place to unwind and enjoy some tranquility.
- Polwel Park: Lastly, Polwel Park is highly recommended for its green spaces and recreational activities. You can have a picnic, go for walks, or simply relax in this lovely park.
Best Places to Visit in Cox’s Bazar
Cox’s Bazar is a popular tourist destination in Bangladesh known for its scenic landscapes and attractions. Whether you’re looking for relaxation or adventure, there are plenty of places to visit in Cox’s Bazar. Here are some of the best ones:
- Cox’s Bazar Beach: With its golden sands and clear blue waters, Cox’s Bazar Beach is the main attraction. It stretches over 120 kilometers, making it the longest sea beach in the world.
- Himchari National Park: Located just south of Cox’s Bazar, Himchari National Park is a nature lover’s paradise. It features lush forests, stunning waterfalls, and hiking trails with panoramic views.
- Inani Beach: This secluded beach is known for its tranquil atmosphere and pristine beauty. It’s perfect for sunbathing, swimming, or simply enjoying a peaceful day by the sea.
- Maheshkhali Island: Take a short boat ride from Cox’s Bazar to Maheshkhali Island and explore its natural wonders. Visit the Adinath Temple and enjoy breathtaking views from the hills.
- Ramu Buddhist Temple: Immerse yourself in Buddhist culture at the Ramu Buddhist Temple. Admire intricate architecture and sculptures while learning about the history of Buddhism in Bangladesh.
Top 5 places to Visit in Sylhet Travel Guide 2023
Here are the top 5 places to visit in Sylhet in 2023:
- Ratargul Swamp Forest: This is a beautiful swamp forest that must be included in your Sylhet travel itinerary. It is one of the top attractions and offers breathtaking views.
- Jaflong: Another recommended destination in Sylhet is Jaflong. This place is known for its stunning landscapes and crystal-clear waterfalls. Make sure to visit this natural wonder during your trip.
- Tanguar Haor: If you love nature, Tanguar Haor is a must-visit place in Sylhet. It is an enchanting wetland with diverse wildlife and scenic beauty.
- Lawachara National Park: For wildlife enthusiasts, visiting Lawachara National Park is a must. You can explore the lush green forests and spot various species of flora and fauna.
- Bisnakandi: Bisnakandi is also listed as one of the top 5 places to visit in Sylhet in 2023. It offers mesmerizing views of hills, rivers, and waterfalls, making it a popular spot for nature lovers.
How to Plan Your Rangamati Trip with ShareTrip
Plan your Rangamati trip effortlessly with ShareTrip’s user-friendly platform and extensive resources.
Rangamati is a fascinating tourist destination that offers a wide range of attractions and activities to explore. From the serene beauty of Kaptai Lake to the thrilling experience of crossing the Parjatan Hanging Bridge, there is something for everyone in Rangamati.
You can also visit the picturesque Shuvolong Waterfalls or take a boat ride to Lake View Island for breathtaking views. Don’t forget to spend some time at Polwel Park, where you can relax amidst nature and enjoy its tranquil atmosphere.
Rangamati is truly a place that will leave you mesmerized with its natural beauty.
Additionally, exploring Rangamati allows you to immerse yourself in the rich cultural heritage of the region. You can visit local villages and learn about their traditional weaving techniques or explore the vibrant floating market where locals sell their goods on boats.
If you have more time, consider visiting nearby destinations like Bandarban and Cox’s Bazar for even more scenic landscapes and unique experiences.
Rangamati Tourism: Best of Rangamati
Rangamati is a fantastic destination for tourism, offering the best of what Rangamati has to offer. From its stunning natural beauty to unique cultural experiences, there is something for everyone here.
The top attractions in Rangamati include Kaptai Lake, where you can enjoy breathtaking views and take boat rides. Another must-see is the Parjatan Hanging Bridge, which provides an exhilarating experience as you walk across it.
Shuvolong Waterfalls and Polwel Park are also worth visiting for their scenic beauty and tranquil atmosphere. Additionally, exploring the local tribes living peacefully together adds to the charm of Rangamati’s cultural diversity.
When planning your trip to Rangamati, there are some essential things you should know. The first is that Kaptai Lake is a must-see attraction in the area. With its stunning views and boat rides, it’s a place you won’t want to miss.
Additionally, make sure to visit the Parjatan Hanging Bridge for a unique experience. Waterfalls are also a highlight of Rangamati, so be sure to check out the mesmerizing Shuvolong Waterfalls.
Other attractions include Lake View Island and Polwel Park. When it comes to accommodation options, consider staying at Aronnak Holiday Resort or Hill Taj Resort Rangamati. And if you’re looking for great places to eat, Rangamati offers some excellent restaurant choices.
Don’t forget to plan day trips from Rangamati as well – Chattogram and Cox’s Bazar are nearby destinations worth exploring. For more information and detailed travel guides on Rangamati, ShareTrip.net and Trip.com can provide all the assistance you need for an unforgettable trip.
Things to Do in Rangamati, Bangladesh – Rangamati Attractions
When visiting Rangamati, Bangladesh, there are several attractions and activities you shouldn’t miss. One of the top things to do is exploring Kaptai Lake, a stunning man-made reservoir surrounded by lush green hills.
You can take a boat ride on the lake and admire the scenic beauty around you. Another must-see attraction is the Parjatan Hanging Bridge, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding landscapes.
If you’re a nature lover, don’t forget to visit Shuvolong Waterfalls, where you can relax in the midst of cascading waters and picturesque surroundings. Additionally, make sure to explore Lake View Island for its tranquil atmosphere and beautiful scenery.
Discover the beauty of Rangamati, a majestic tourist destination in Bangladesh. With its stunning attractions like Kaptai Lake and Shuvolong Waterfalls, delicious restaurants, and exciting day trips, Rangamati offers something for everyone.
Use this Ultimate Travel Guide to plan your trip and make the most of your visit to this enchanting location. Don’t miss out on all that Rangamati has to offer!
1. What are some of the best attractions in Rangamati?
Some of the best attractions in Rangamati include Kaptai Lake, Hanging Bridge, Shuvolong Waterfall, and Rajbari Fort.
2. Are there any day trips available from Rangamati?
Yes, you can take day trips from Rangamati to places like Khagrachari Hill District, Bandarban Hill District, and Sajek Valley.
3. Where can I find the best restaurants in Rangamati?
You can find some of the best restaurants in Rangamati along the lakefront area and in the town center. Some popular options include Al-Helal Restaurant and Baburchi Biryani House.
4. How do I uncover more information about attractions, day trips, and restaurants in Rangamati?
To uncover more information about attractions, day trips, and restaurants in Rangamati, you can consult travel guides or websites dedicated to tourism in Bangladesh. Additionally, local tour operators or tourist information centers may provide valuable insights.
5. When is the best time to visit Rangamati for a memorable experience?
The best time to visit Rangamati for a memorable experience is during the winter months (November to February) when the weather is mild and pleasant.