Navigating your way around foreign consular services can be quite a challenge. Located conveniently in Washington DC, the Bangladesh consulate offers various essential services to Bangladeshi citizens and interested travelers.
This complete guide will equip you with all you need to know about passports, visas, and other crucial embassy services offered by the Bangladesh Consulate. Ready to dive in? Let’s get started.
- The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC provides various services such as passports, visas, and e-passport services for Bangladeshi citizens and interested travelers.
- The consulate is located at 3510 International Drive in Washington DC and can be contacted at +1-202-244-0183. They also have consulates in New York and Guangzhou.
- Important services offered by the consulate include passport assistance, visa application support, and e-passport services. It is essential to check the validity of your passport before traveling to Bangladesh.
- The consulate regularly updates important notices on their website regarding embassy news, public notices, holiday schedules, and investment opportunities in Bangladesh.
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, DC, is located at 3510 International Drive, NW and can be contacted at +1-202-244-0183.
Location and contact information
The Bangladesh consulate is in Washington DC. The exact address is 3510 International Drive, NW, Washington DC 20008. If you need to talk on the phone, call +1-202-244-0183. They answer calls during set times for consular-related questions.
You should know who the top staff are at the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC. These are the key people:
- Peter Haas: He is the U.S. Ambassador.
- Helen LaFave: She is the Deputy Chief of Mission.
- Reed J. Aeschliman: He is the USAID Mission Director.
- Arturo Hines: He takes care of political issues.
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC has links with others too. They are spread out in different places. These places include New York and Guangzhou in China.
- The New York Consulate is a busy place. It helps both people from Bangladesh and other countries.
- In Guangzhou, China, the Consulate handles many things. One big job is to work on visas for Americans who want to adopt kids from Bangladesh.
- Each Consulate has special rules and jobs. They can give help over the phone at certain times.
- If you live near a Consulate, they can help you a lot. They take care of visas, passports, and more for people in their area.
Honorary Consuls in the USA
The Embassy of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in Washington, DC oversees honorary consuls in the USA. These honorary consular officers are U.S. citizens or legal permanent residents (LPR) who provide support staff at consular posts. They receive only an expense allowance for their part-time, unsalaried role.
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC offers a range of services, including passport and visa assistance, as well as e-passport services. Discover how they can help you with your travel needs!
Passports are essential for traveling to Bangladesh. Make sure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your planned stay in the country. Also, check that you have at least two blank pages for visa stamps.
If you’re a U.S. citizen living in Bangladesh and need passport services, head over to the American Citizen Services unit of the U.S. Embassy there. They offer various services to help with passports.
For re-issuing machine-readable passports (MRP) through mail, reach out to the Embassy of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in Washington, DC. The Consulate General of Bangladesh in New York also provides consular services for Bangladeshi nationals and foreign residents within its jurisdiction.
Travelers planning to visit Bangladesh are advised to obtain a Bangladeshi visa in advance from the Bangladeshi Embassy or nearest consulate in the U.S. Most countries’ citizens need a valid visa to enter Bangladesh, and the type and category of visa are determined by the Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, DC.
It’s important to note that visa on arrival is available for some travelers, but it’s recommended to check the Bangladeshi Embassy website for the latest information. Additionally, if you’re residing in New York, consular services can be obtained from the Consulate General of Bangladesh located there.
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC offers e-passport services. To apply for an e-passport, you need to visit the Department of Immigration & Passport’s E-passport Online Registration Portal.
There, you can fill out and submit your application form. The consular fee for an e-passport with 64 pages and 5 years validity is USD 150, with regular delivery. An e-passport contains an electronic chip that holds the same information as the printed passport’s data page.
So, if you’re looking to get an updated and secure passport, the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC has got you covered.
Important Notices and Updates
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC regularly provides important notices and updates regarding embassy news, public notices, and holiday schedules. Stay informed about the latest information from the consulate to ensure a smooth experience with any passport or visa services you may require.
The Bangladeshi Embassy in Washington, DC posts important public notices and updates on its website. Here are some things you should know:
- The embassy has a new website where you can find all the latest announcements.
- They regularly publish public notices and news on their website, so it’s a good idea to check it out for any important updates.
- If you’re a non – resident Bangladeshi, you can apply for Commercially Important Persons for the year 2024. This might be something you’d want to know if it applies to you.
- The embassy’s website also provides up-to-date information on visa requirements for travelers. So if you’re planning a trip to Bangladesh, make sure to visit their site to get the most accurate information.
- If you need consular notification or access to government officials, the Bangladeshi Embassy in Washington, DC is there to help.
- Lastly, they have an updated advisory on tourist visas for foreign nationals entering India. If this applies to your travel plans, it’s worth looking into.
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC, like many other embassies and consulates, observes a set of holidays each year. The following table outlines the schedule of holidays that the consulate observes.
|1st January||New Year’s Day|
|4th July||U.S. Independence Day|
|26th March||Independence Day of Bangladesh|
|11th October||Columbus Day|
|15th October||Durga Puja|
|11th November||Veterans Day|
|25th November||Thanksgiving Day|
|6th September||U.S. Labor Day|
|Fridays and Saturdays||Weekly Holidays|
Please note that the schedule may vary, and it is advisable to consult the consulate’s official website for the most up-to-date information.
Embassy news and events
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington DC keeps you updated with important news and events. Here are some recent updates:
- The embassy issues press releases and newsletters to inform the public about their activities.
- They provide updates on government policies, initiatives, and collaborations.
- The embassy also shares news about cultural events, festivals, and celebrations happening in Bangladesh and the USA.
- They highlight achievements of Bangladeshi individuals or organizations making a positive impact.
- You can find information on upcoming seminars, workshops, or conferences related to Bangladesh.
- The embassy promotes bilateral relationships by organizing meetings between officials from both countries.
- They share success stories of Bangladeshi diaspora living in the USA.
Celebrating Mujib Borsho
Celebrate the life and legacy of the Father of the Nation with a variety of events and celebrations throughout Mujib Borsho.
Events and celebrations for the Father of the Nation
The Bangladesh Embassy in Washington, D.C. organized various events and celebrations to honor Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and commemorate the golden Jubilee of Bangladesh Independence and the Birth Centenary of the Father of the Nation. Here are some highlights:
- The celebration took place from March 17, 2020, to March 31, 2022.
- Activities were held to highlight Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s significant contributions in establishing an independent Bangladesh.
- A Bangabandhu Corner was created at the Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- Resources and archives were made available for the public to learn more about Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and his life.
Assistance and Support
If you need assistance with your visa application, the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC is here to help.
Visa application assistance
If you’re planning to travel to Bangladesh, the Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington, DC can assist you with your visa application. They will help determine the type and duration of your visa based on your application.
To obtain a visa, you must fill out an online Visa Application Form. It’s important to note that there are eligibility requirements for obtaining a No Visa Required (NVR) endorsement as well.
Make sure to reach out to the embassy for any assistance or questions regarding your visa application process.
If you need to contact the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC, there are a few important numbers you should know. For U.S. citizens with emergencies, you can call +880 2 55662000.
If you want to reach the Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington DC directly, the number is +1-202-244-0183. Remember that the Embassy has specific hours for answering consular-related queries over the phone.
You can also visit their website at www.bdembassyusa.
Investment Opportunities in Bangladesh
Bangladesh offers a range of investment opportunities across various industries, including Qualified Investor Offers (QIOs) that provide attractive incentives for potential investors.
Qualified Investor Offers (QIOs) for various industries
The Embassy of Bangladesh in Washington DC offers investment opportunities through their Qualified Investor Offers (QIOs). These QIOs are available for various industries and sectors in Bangladesh. Here are some key sectors that you can explore:
- Agriculture: QIOs are available for agricultural projects, such as Oryza Agro Industries Ltd.
- Textiles and Apparel: You can invest in the textile and apparel industry, which is a major sector in Bangladesh.
- Information Technology: The IT sector in Bangladesh is growing rapidly, and there are QIOs for investing in this industry.
- Pharmaceuticals: There are investment opportunities in the pharmaceutical sector, including manufacturing and research facilities.
- Energy: The energy sector in Bangladesh offers QIOs for projects related to renewable energy, power generation, and more.
- Infrastructure: QIOs are available for infrastructure development projects like roads, bridges, ports, and airports.
- Tourism and Hospitality: You can invest in hotels, resorts, and tourism-related ventures through QIOs.
- Education: The education sector in Bangladesh is expanding, and there are investment opportunities for schools, colleges, and universities.
Other Services Offered
In addition to passport and visa services, the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC also provides a range of other helpful resources. From a database of Bangladeshis living in the USA to updates from the ambassador on Twitter, there are plenty of valuable services to explore.
Discover more about these offerings and how they can benefit you today!
Database of Bangladeshis in the USA
The Embassy of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh in Washington DC maintains a database of Bangladeshis living in the USA. This database is a valuable resource for connecting with fellow community members, organizing events, and providing support services.
It helps to strengthen the bond between Bangladeshis residing in the USA and their home country. The embassy also uses this database to disseminate important information and updates regarding consular services, events, investment opportunities, and more.
It serves as a central hub for maintaining connections within the Bangladeshi diaspora community in the United States.
Ambassadors’ Twitter feed
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC offers a unique service called the Ambassadors’ Twitter feed. This is an official Twitter page managed by the U.S. Ambassador to Bangladesh, Mr.
Imran. Through this twitter feed, you can stay updated on the latest news and events related to Bangladesh and its relationship with the United States. The ambassador has been actively sharing information about Bangladesh’s development journey with U.S Senators, highlighting investment opportunities and promoting bilateral relations between the two countries.
It’s a great way to get real-time updates from the ambassador himself and stay connected with what’s happening at the consulate.
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC offers various publications that provide useful information for Bangladeshi citizens living in the USA. These publications cover a range of topics, including immigration policies, travel advisories, consular services, and investment opportunities in Bangladesh.
By accessing these publications, you can stay informed about important updates and make well-informed decisions regarding visas, passports, and other consular matters. Additionally, the Ambassador’s Twitter feed is another valuable resource to keep up with the latest news and announcements from the Embassy.
Stay connected and take advantage of these resources to navigate your journey as a Bangladeshi citizen abroad effectively.
Upcoming events include the celebration of Bangladesh Independence Day and other national holidays.
Here are some upcoming events at the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC:
- Independence Day of USA on July 4th
- Ashura on July 28th
- National Mourning Day on August 15th
- Labor Day on September 4th
In conclusion, the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC is the place to go for all your consular needs if you are a Bangladeshi citizen. They provide services like passports and visas, as well as assistance with visa applications.
You can also find information on investment opportunities in Bangladesh and stay updated with embassy news and events. Make sure to check their website or contact them for more information.
1. What is the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC?
The Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC is where you go to get help with things linked to Bangladesh.
2. Where can I find the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC?
You can use an online map or ask for directions to get to the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC.
3. Can anyone visit the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC?
Yes, if you need something from them like a visa or other service, you can visit the Bangladesh consulate inWashington DC.
4. Do they have certain hours at the Bangladesh Consulate in Washington DC?
Yes, like most places, there are set times when you can go into the Bangladesh Consulate located in WashingtonDC.